Doctor Who has really nothing to do with this post, but I was looking around for something “December 2012”-ish and the Doctor Who promo shot for its Christmas special just spoke to me. We all know the Doctor loves books (except for those written by Amelia Pound in the past maybe…).
As all of you know, it’s December. Crazy, right? The year really ran away from me. Since it’s nearing the end, everyone seems to be doing top ten book lists. While I’d love to provide one, I just couldn’t. So I’ll direct you to the good ones instead.
Goodreads has announced it’s Choice Awards YA List. No surprise Veronica Roth and John Green dominate it (as they should, love their books). The wonderful Publishers Marketplace has announced their list as well:
- Bring Up the Bodies, Hilary Mantel
- Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn (Yay for a home town girl!)
- This Is How You Lose Her, Junot Diaz
- The Yellow Birds, Kevin Powers
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, Ben Fountain
- The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
- Telegraph Avenue, Michael Chabon
- A Hologram for the King, Dave Eggers
- The Round House, Louise Erdrich
- Beautiful Ruins, Jess Walter
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I can’t make my own top 10 list for this year. There are just so many books that I haven’t read yet (which just adds to my already massive To Read list…).
So, what are some of your favorite reads of 2012?